Conference and session organization
- Panel session co-organizer (Jun 2015) “Roundtable: Transboundary challenges for small-scale fisheries”. People and the SEA VIII Conference, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Special session co-organizer (Aug 2013) “Social dimensions of coastal governance and marine planning” Annual Meeting of the Canadian Association of Geographers, St. John’s, Canada.
- Panel session co-organizer (Jun 2013) “Images of the coast: converging and conflicting visions” People and the SEA VII Conference,Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- Conference assistant coordinator (Oct 2010) The World Small-Scale Fisheries Congress and the 5th Coastal Zone Asia Pacific conference, Bangkok, Thailand.
- Co-supervisor of a grade 11 student (Jul-Aug 2013) Women in Science and Engineering Newfoundland and Labrador, Memorial University, St. John’s, Canada.
Reviewer for journal manuscripts
- Political Geography (2); Marine Policy (5); Journal of Environmental Management;Fisheries Research; Society & Natural Resources; International Journal of the Commons; Ocean & Coastal Management; Maritime Studies
- Country resource person for Malawi (Sep 2010, 2012) Pre-departure course in intercultural effectiveness, offered by the Canadian Foreign Service Institute of Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada, Marine Institute, St. John’s, Canada.
- GIS technician (Dec 2006-Mar 2007) Community-based marine protected areas, WWF-Philippines: Population, Health and Environment Project, Palawan, the Philippines.
- Coastal resource management specialist (Sep 2006-Mar 2007) Canadian International Development Agency Internship, Western Philippines University, Palawan, the Philippines.